Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Women in the Red Dress

Have you ever seen someone and for some reason you were just connected. I'm not talking about wow that girl is really hot, but the moment where you see someone and you just want to talk to them. Because when you saw her for a moment your heart just skipped a beat. Did you do it? Did you talk to her? I know I didn't . I can't vividly remember the weekend, but that moment is extremely real to me, even to this day.

It was summer and I was in Austin on a trip to visit Horn and Darshan. I don't remember exactly why the trip was particularly planned; but the water was high and it was a blast. We partied at Barton Springs all day. Jumping off cliffs and just letting the current take us downstream. One of those summer days you wish you had everyday. That night we went out and I don't even remember where, but there was this balcony and from the lower level we saw some people that we knew from high school and so we headed up and started talking. In the middle of conversation, I look over and there is this girl leaning over the balcony. Just brilliant elegance. She had dark brown hair and just seemed to glow. This wasn't a drop dead gorgeous thing because I leaned over and told Matt and while he though she was cute he wasn't nearly as captivated as me. She was wearing a white dress with a green floral design on it and I just wanted to walk up and talk and I didn't. There was no good reason not to. She may have rejected me and it wouldn't have been a big deal to the point I probably would vaguely even remember the encounter.

And this can happen in anything we do. At some point you just have to go for it. Next time I hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment