Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Plans Change

I am not an easily excitable person. There are few things that get me really pumped up, but going to Tampa was one of them. Matt's going to the military and I'm working in the spring and with Jack being there I knew this would be the best trip ever. Even when I found out that Jack wouldn't be able to make it I was still super pumped about it.

Then I found out my grandfather died. He was my step mom's dad. He was a veteran. I didn't know him that well, and have probably actually seen him maybe 5 times, unfortunately. He was a gentle man and when he spoke you could tell he was speaking with conviction. I realized almost instantly we both shared the same light hearted outlook on life.

Yet when I found out he had passed away I partly wanted to go on my trip anyway and just send flowers. A small piece of me was hoping that my life was more important. It really puts things into perspective for me. There will be countless times where the CLC will cause havoc and paint the town red, but there will only be one funeral for my late grandfather. So boys drink one (or four in hacas's case) for me and I'll see you when we get home. You'll find me with the family celebrating the life of a great man.

No comments:

Post a Comment