Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blondes Vs Brunettes

I was driving in a parking garage yesterday and as I drove up the ramp to the third level I noticed a blonde girl get out of the car. I instantly tried to catch a glimpse of her face, but to no avail. Her back was turned. As I gained my composure I realized that all else equal I don't really prefer blondes. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that I prefer dark haired girls all else equal. Why did I look then? And then I thought if the girl I passed had been a brunette I wouldn't have gone through half the effort.


Then I realized that on average a girl with blonde hair is more attractive then a girl with brown hair. So why is that? It's easy. There are almost no women (I believe it's something around 1% of the population) that has true blonde hair. So that means that women with blonde hair have most likely dyed it. Girls with good blonde hair have to dye it frequently to make it look nice since their dark roots will show. Therefore EVERY girl with nice blonde hair is paying money and going through effort to maintain her hair color. It means they give some level of thought to how they look. They are more vain in essence. This eliminates what would be the unattractive segment of girls who don't care about appearance and thus don't make the effort. Therefore, the average blonde is more attractive then the average brunette simply because there is a cost to enter the market so to speak.



Good logic/bad logic? Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment