Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back At Work

So at 7:30 on Friday I decided to evacuate to Magnolia in hopes of being in a place that retained power. While my idea didn't work (we lost power at 5:30 the next morning) we were one of the first to get it back on Sunday night. I spent my powerless days picking up fallen trees in a tractor and helping chainsaw the big ones. I couldn't help but think of this clip:

This movie is hilarious and has Tiffany Amber Thiessen. How can you lose? Am I the only one who loves this movie?

It's interesting when hurricanes and other similar events happen as everyone you know gets a priority shift and drops down a couple notches on Maslow's hierarchy. Alot of times these events are catalyst for change with people. The wind not only sweeps the landscape clean, but cleanses some of the junk of our souls. I took this time without power to enjoy some things that I normally wouldn't have. Took Jenks on alot of walks and just sat and chilled with people. Plus I've missed work for four days now and get a work charge code for it.

PS If anyone needs help picking stuff up let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment