Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quotes- Love/Sex



There is something mythic in the way a man is with a woman. Our sexuality offers a parable of amazing depth when it comes to being masculine and feminine. The man comes to offer his strength and the woman invites the man into herself, an act that requires courage and vulnerability and selflessness for both of them. Notice first that if the man will not rise to the occasion, nothing will happen. He must move; his strength must swell before he can enter her. But neither will the love consummate unless the woman opens herself in stunning vulnerability. When both are living as they were meant to live, the man enters his woman and offers her his strength. He spills himself there, in her, for her, she draws him in, embraces and envelops him. When all is over he is spent, but ah, what a sweet death it is.
-John Eldredge, Wild at Heart


This is my favorite passage regarding love. For background, Wild At Heart is a fantastic book and explores the inherent male psyche. Great read for all guys and from the girls I've talked to that have read it; girls too. It's poetically literal and the same time completely figurative.

2 comments:

  1. this is nice Kevin. I may choose this for my next book to read.

    -Erin A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will like it a lot. Let me know, I can let you borrow it when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete