Friday, October 22, 2010

Quotes- Attitude



If I asked, 'Why me?' about my troubles, I would have to ask, 'Why me?' about my blessings.
-Arthur Ashe

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but
rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
-Hugh Downs


What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right.
-Henry Ford


If there is one thing I have learned it’s attitude changes everything. It’s easy to find fault in one’s day, find fault with others; it’s equally easy to find your blessings. Where do you focus? Two activities I did really shifted my mindset. The first was my thirty day experiment to identify 10 unique things I was thankful for. At first it was hard to find ten new things everyday. Then it came to the point where I could write my list in 30 seconds.

We create our realities. This idea was sealed by Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance which has changed my life. In it the author talks about the difference between Western and Eastern thought. We literally grow up in an environment that affects how we view the world. Reality is completely subjective because we process what we want, see what we want and hear what we want.

Changing your life is about changing your attitude, and it’s the hardest thing you will ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment