Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Funny How Things Work Out


As I approached 100 unique visitors which is considered a very small stepping stone in the way of blogs I waited to make my next post. I was set to hit 100 unique visitors or so this week. What I would have never guessed is that I would have hit 200 visitors on the same day I hit 100. Someone searched for 'mistress poker' on the 2plus2 forums (a popular poker strategy site) and my post on poker came up.
It’s funny because bloggers talk about how the post that becomes the most popular is rarely the one you spent the most amount of time on. The poker blog was a deviation from my main content, and yet has as many visitors as almost all of my other posts combined. Go figure.

So I suppose this is a time for some sort of assessment. I started this blog to improve my writing skills. I’m not anywhere close to where I want to be, but I can read through old posts and see that I’ve gotten better. It’s a little easier for me to form thoughts on the page and have at least a hint of eloquence at times.

I’ve had other benefits as well. This blog has been a great way for me to stay accountable to self development. A lot of my 30 day experiments have taught me more about myself and where I want to go then I would have originally thought.

It’s an interesting dynamic interacting with people when they know so much about you and you don’t know the same in return. I’ve reconnected with a few people and in a few instances individuals have messaged me that something I said improved their life in some way. A few people have started a blog after reading mine. That’s exciting; hopefully as I achieve more readers I can help others in some way.

If you read the blog then thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to read my thoughts. It’s been a fun year or so. Hopefully, as this blog continues the content gets even more entertaining.

Edit: I hit 300 overnight as responding to people about my post made the post even more popular. Haha go figure

No comments:

Post a Comment