Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quotes- Insanity


Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

Last night I sat in bed trying to fall asleep for over 3 hours. Getting up at 5:24am to go lift was looking more and more daunting as the minutes rolled by and I laid awake unable to sleep. I sat in bed thinking about how tired I would be in 4 hours. "I will probably end up skipping I am going to be so tired," I thought.

I've done it that way hundreds of times. "oops! too tired, back to bed, we'll make it up the next day." I've half assed it plenty, so my results have been half assed. As I lay there I realized that excellence would require me to be different. If I wanted different results I had to change. So at 1am still unable to sleep I got out of bed, got dressed, and went to the gym. I wasn't excited about it and I didn't have my best workout, but I got done what I needed to do to be successful.

I wanted different results than I've gotten in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment