Monday, April 13, 2009

Meditation (Achieve a New Level of Consiciousness)

Recently I've been pushing my spirituality to new limits in order to better search for truth and connect with the universe around me. That's weird to say coming from me. A few months ago I would have laughed at that statement. I'm a logical guy I don't do spirituality. Recently though I have tried something. I asked myself what do successful people do, and then I've slowly started trying those things to see if they suit me or not.

Meditation is something that I have heard from several sources as something to do on a daily basis. I've done prayer for awhile, but to be perfectly honest it got kind of stagnant. I said the same things, in the same ways, and didn't really get involved. Meditation derives from the fact that there is a belief system that we are all connected and the Universe is there for us because in some way it is of us. We can essentially summon into our lives the situations we want. I have a Christian faith and my first reaction was this doesn't mesh you can't just ask for what you want. Then I thought about it and remembered an often quoted verse:

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.- Matthew 7:7

The Point of Change
I think that for me personally I have always wanted to play the victim. It's not my fault that my life is this way. I can blame my parents for getting a divorce, a girl for breaking my heart, or whatever. Assigning blame is easy and I was really good at it. The hard part is taking responsibility and seeing reality. Everything happening in my life is my fault. The good and the bad. Everything that my heart desires I can have.

When you change the way you look at things. The things you look at change.
-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Once you have this realization you can start to change the things you want to change. For example I've spent alot of time during my meditation finding my passion and direction. It's actually worked too. I found a mentor in one day of searching and am started on a path for a career I wasn't even thinking about one month ago. All brought me to me by this powerful tool. That said I'm still a newbie, and have much to learn about the process. Let me share with you my current favorite technique:

Future Projection
First as always make sure you are in a quiet space. Focus on breathing very deeply from your gut and wait until your mind is empty of distractions. Now imagine yourself in a room with two chairs and across from you is yourself from 5 years ago. Talk to him what does he want to know about how you are today. What questions does he ask? After you have exhausted this relationship adjust your picture and envision you sitting across from yourself five years from now. What does he look like. Ask him what you want to know about your future.

My First Experience
When I first did this future projection it took awhile to get in the moment, but once I did it was such an awesome experience. My future self encouraged me to keep following my goals and told me how proud he was of me because he couldn't exist without me. I had said the same thing to myself from five years ago. This actually made me tear up (which is something very rare for me) and when I awoke I was empowered and refreshed.

Conclusion
If you're me a few months ago you are laughing right now and call this bs. It took me reading blogs and books by alot of different people to give it a try. Try it for three days and see if you have results. I think you'll surprise yourself.

PS: if anyone else has been doing this longer or has any great techniques please share them with me. I would love to gain more insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment